Marijuana or Cannabis is composed of hundreds of chemicals and compounds that have been extensively studied to be able to come up with its scores of medicinal value. Of all these chemicals and compounds, there are two which have been proven to be of significant worth: Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, an extract from the cannabis or marijuana plant which is largely responsible for the beneficial and medicinal effects of medical cannabis. It also has practically no psychoactive effect, meaning, intoxicating properties. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, on the other hand, is the compound that brings about the “high” that is experienced by those who consume marijuana. Medical cannabis that is mostly composed of CBD contains the smallest amount of THC or even none at all. Because of this, patients who are prescribed with this type of medical cannabis encounter minimal, if at all, change in sensorium.
Conversely, there is a profusion of favorable effects that have been reported with regard to CBD. Some of these are:
- relief of symptoms of Anxiety
- therapeutic functions in patients with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- return to regular sleeping patterns
- easing of tension and spasticity of muscle groups, e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, generalized neural pain
- powerful muscle relaxant
- improvement of neurodegenerative and motor disorders, i. e. Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease (fewer tremors observed), Huntington’s Disease
- decrease in the severity of chronic pain -treatment of Seizure Disorder and Epilepsy, i. e. Dravet Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- competent appetite stimulant, especially useful in cases of Wasting, Syndrome, Anorexia, Cancer, AIDS, other immunosuppressive illnesses
- effectual antiemetic, of extreme help during chemotherapy sessions
- anti-inflammatory property that is of invaluable role in the treatment of Crohn’s Disease and other gastrointestinal disorders
The most known and common indication for medical cannabis is for the effective relief of chronic pain that negatively affects millions of people. Medical cannabis is of great advantage to patients suffering from chronic pain due to the fact that it is not addictive, there is virtually no risk of overdose, and is generally much safer than resorting to the use of opiates in the relief of pain. In addition, patients who cannot take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs secondary to renal (kidney) or gastrointestinal problems can utilize medical cannabis and experience comfort and continue to go about their routine without feeling “high”.
There is a lot of beneficial effects that can be achieved from the consumption of medical marijuana. It is highly recommended though, that a prescription be secured in order to be aware of the correct type, form, and dosage to use to be able to garner its optimum advantage. you are purchasing from your kush station dispensary to ensure that you get hold of an authentic and potent medicinal cannabis.