Every game that’s being developed or is in a state of constant improvement has some kind of a test server. That’s where the developers present the newest features they want to add to the game and analyze the reaction of their player base to the changes implemented and the way they affect different aspects of the game, and different technical problems that occur during the implementation of these features.
League of Legends is one of the games that use such test servers. PBE (or Public Beta Environment) is available for players to check out the newest features the game might gain. However, should you actually join or would it be better to play a game on a regular server?
Pros and Cons of PBE
There are lots of great reasons for you to start a PBE account. The most common arguments are:
- You will be able to experience all the newest features first;
- The account is set on the level 30 from the get-go, so you can experience the game to its fullest;
- Every day you get a certain amount of in-game currency, so you don’t have to worry about the grind to unlock new champions or skins.
However, playing on the test server has some disadvantages. Among the most frequent problems are:
- The rush of players after the implementation of new features can cause lag;
- Matchmaking is not always as reliable as during the game on the main server;
- If you’re not from America, you can experience a high ping because of the location of the test server.
How To Get A PBE Account In LoL?
If you don’t know how to get PBE account LoL offers a couple ways to do it. Firstly, you can request such an account for free from the Riot Games website. However, it will require for your main League of Legends account to fit some criteria. If your account doesn’t fit them or you want to start playing PBE without a direct link to your main account, you can always purchase an account to start playing on a test server right away, without any background check. So, make your choice and start trying out the newest LoL features right now!
Playing in PBE has both pros and cons, and it’s up to you to decide whether experiencing the latest additions to the game is more important than the occasional lag. Playing on main servers offers a pretty full experience, but if you want to get something more unique out of this game, start your own PBE account right now!